Let's face it--we could use more positivity in our lives. Anyone who doesn't feel as though they could, you're wrong. (Wanna fight about it?!) Everyone can use a little happiness, it's never enough. Has too much happiness ever hurt someone?
Your definition of happiness may vary, but for the sake of our current discussion, let's consider a small, effortless version called recognition.
Thank you for reading this.
See? Not so hard.
I appreciate you for taking a moment to view my blog.
There! There! Again, not hard.
There are people in your life, perhaps someone you interact with every day--a coworker, for example; maybe a friend; or a relative, anyone--that play a minor, major, or anywhere-in-between-role in your life. Tell them what they mean to you--"Thank you for being you. You make my day brighter."
(Whoop! There it is! SOOO easy).
They might give you a funny look. They might think you're crazy. But most importantly, their presence in your world, however big or small, will be acknowledged. Desired. They matter, and are not taken for granted.
Who doesn't like to feel welcome?
We spend a lot of time doing anything but saying thank you for your presence. Saying, wow, it's so cool of you to be here. I appreciate the time we have together--better yet, I look forward to our time together. I think you're special, and I'm glad to be a part of your life.
Sound ridiculous? What's ridiculous is the fact that it might even be considered ridiculous.
It's the little things in life. Positive reinforcement is a practice that should be routine and not an occasional event in all of our lives. By vocalizing your pleasure with someone, you just might make their day. And if enough people do it, someone just might make your day.
Maybe even today.
If it sounds kind of hippy-dippy, perhaps it is. But you know what? If kind words come your way, I'm willing to bet you'll be glad they did.
Get your smile on.
No comments:
Post a Comment