Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Hello? (hello, hello?)

Is there anybody out there?
Hello?
Oh, hi there.  Yeah, it's been some time again.  I really gotta get those thoughts together (shyah, right; that's assuming they were "together" in the first place).

But seriously, today is the anniversary of the September 11 terrorist attacks.  Nothing else really needs to be said, but on a personal note I've been watching some of the documentary/reenactment/rebroadcast footage (all the shows seem to mix and match as needed) and to this day, it's disturbingly fascinating and utterly horrific in the same instance.  It is indeed one of those moments that will never be forgotten--I was in the shower that morning and my girlfriend at the time yelled in that something had happened in New York.  I was just finishing and then found myself in front of  the television when the second plane hit.

A year or so later, I found myself in a strange situation wherein I managed to check the clock--at home, the car, anywhere, am or pm--precisely at 9:11.  Sometimes both times during the day.  It was eerie, and disconcerting, and lasted for several weeks. 
    
Today someone posted somewhere online (how's that for specific?) that it was time to move on.
There's a difference between moving on and remembering.
Today, it's about remembering.




No comments:

Post a Comment